Tuesday 20 December 2011

Electric shocks

Tuesday 31st May 2011

Today was yet another visit to the hospital. This time it was for an electromyography on my hand.

Because John couldn’t get time off work, I asked my mam if she would come with me and we’d get a taxi there and back.

My mam had planned to stay in the waiting room and read a book, as John normally does, however the consultant who came out to greet us, said she was more than welcome to come in with us. Being nosy, she couldn’t resist….

After having both of my hands submerged in really hot water, the consultant then put electro stickers all over my hands and arms.

“You may feel a slight tingle”, he warned me, as he was preparing to electrocute me…

“OWWWW !!!!!”, I part screamed, part laughed, “you only said a slight tingle”.

“You wouldn’t have like it, if I said a huge shock”, he smiled.

More electric shocks, more owws …

My mam, sitting the corner, found it all very funny.

“I’m afraid”, he said, looking at the computer screen, “that you do have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and that’s moderately severe”.

“What does that mean”, asked my mam.

“It means that wearing a splint isn’t going to help. The only option is surgery”, he replied.

I can hardly do anything now. Will having my left hand out of action mean I’ll be bed ridden. It doesn’t even bear thinking about !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.